Tuesday, June 24, 2014

GUATEMALA June 21-27, 2014 Chet's Creek and Summer Grove

Day 2:
I cannot believe that our time here at the Center is already half way over with. So much has happened already!

Yesterday we met our children that we are serving this week and became acclimated with the Center and our duties. This morning I walked into our room and began drying the babies off after their bath and dressing them. I noticed that two of the little boys who were in our group were not in the nursery. I asked someone where they were, and I was informed that these boys had been promoted up to the next group.  I was so happy to learn that they had advanced enough to be with their peers. 

Later in the morning I went into the kitchen to help the ladies prepare lunch for the children. I love cooking, so it was a pleasure to help them. I have to admit though, it is a little intimidating because I was on their turf and they speak no English. 

The theme of this week so far that resonates so strongly with me is that loving others and serving as Christ would requires no language. The old saying is true: actions speak louder than words.


Abbie Reynolds 

1 comment:

  1. Abby, I agree that words are not needed to show love. That is so true and I can see you showing it with the kids!

    Keep running in faith!

    ReplyDelete