Monday, June 23, 2014

GUATEMALA June 21-27, 2014 Chet's Creek and Summer Grove

Day 1:
This is our first day at the Malnutrition Center.  For a lot of us in the group, we have never been to anything like this.  This event seemed foreign to me and I would say I was apprehensive in doing something like this.  I have been to many places in the world and, again, I can say that God has shown me one clear thing.  God is Love and that if you Love in the name of God He will always be there. 

Working with so many kids, having people come from all over the United States believing in one God, seeing local people that work here without stopping, and interns helping is nothing but awesome!  Orphans Heart does a great job organizing to help kids that are dealing with family issues and malnutrition.

When you walk in, the first thing you are greeted with are the children excited to see people.  I personally cannot speak one word of their language but I can see that showing them love, giving high fives, letting them crawl all over you and being there while they eat is truly a blessing to both them and to each person in our group. 

The passage that comes to mind is:
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.  Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)

I can tell you, for me, I have worried about so many things in life and the moment I walked into Orphan's Heart I realized that I have so much more than I need.  I pray for the team this week that God will take away all sickness, and worry and that God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle us, the orphans, and all of his workers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment