Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Blog August 8-15 Team

Hola! Today was our first full day in Antigua. We had a chance to walk around and capture the beauty of 500 year old city. It was so old- but so full of life. People were dancing and shouting and just having a blast, while others were selling their goods to make a living and put food on the table for their families. It kind of upset me to see the poverty. There were little kids selling things just like their parents. I even saw some people that were on their knees, begging me for money. It breaks my heart to see it, and now I’m starting to appreciate things I have back in the states. Back at our Hotel, “Posada Dona Luisa”, things are really nice. We have clean bed sheets, running water, and the food here is great! I love the environment because it isn’t too big and it isn’t too small. Our expectations, (or at least mine) were met and they are even better. The workers meet you with a smile. Even though some don’t speak English, it’s like they understand you and they are so sweet about everything. So now it’s time for bed, so until later,

Beth Bullion
FBC of Lehigh Acres, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment