Friday, June 20, 2014

Guatemala June 14th- 20th, 2014

Women of Compassion & Springdale Community Church

Day 6:
(From the perspective of Hannah, age 19)

No "hasta mañana", just "adios." Today is our last day at the Malnutrition Center. The kids are radiant and happy as ever. I've been able to see a few kids smile today that have never smiled at me before. These kids give you kisses and lots of hugs. In my group they are spunky and cheerful. They run everywhere and are always causing some sort of mischief. I'll miss that most.

I've loved getting to meet and know them. Certain ones have touched my heart deeply. I hear about their stories and wonder how such a life could still produce this much joy. I know it’s Jesus Christ that lets those good things happen. While leaving is hard, and I certainly do not like it, I would like to think that even though our time was short, they could see Jesus through our group. I would like to think that they know without a doubt that they are precious children of The One. I’m not extremely sad about leaving because I know it won’t be long until I return. How can you forget about such sweet children? How could you not hope to see them again? They have changed my life in more ways than I have theirs. And I know that if you were to come they would change your life, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment